The less number of files are generally a result of major overwriting operation performed after loss of files and their information. You should have taken following precautions.
1) Do not write anything to the drive containing deleted files.
2) Do not run any disk utilities such as chkdsk or any defrag utility.
3) First do not try to reboot the system, even in case system has rebooted, try not to initiate the chkdsk process and ignore it.
4) Do not download or install any software including Disk Doctors NTFS Data recovery, download and install them to another drive or healthy partition.
5) Do not recover files or create disk images into the drive that contains deleted files.